Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My Own Personal Looking Glass


            I recently saw the film, Alice Through the Looking Glass. I loved the film and overall message of the film. However, I’m not going to spoil it for you. If you want to know more about the actual events of the film you have to go and watch it. It’s well worth the money to watch.
            With that out of the way I can begin. As I watched the film I couldn’t help drawing parallels between myself and the main character. How my own nature is much like Alice. However, as the movie went on I began to wonder. What is my own version of Wonderland and the looking glass Alice uses to get there? And what can I draw on when I enter my personal looking glass?
            I went on an exploration through my own life and found that my looking glass is my own wild imagination. My ability to make up vivid fantasy worlds and bring them to life is my Wonderland. It’s a place I go when I need to escape from the pressure of the world around me. However, unlike many who disappear down the rabbit whole never to return my Wonderland helps me. Often times, when I escape to the other side of the Looking Glass my own mind helps me to work out the problems I face without making me feel so stressed in the process.
            I, much like Alice, am a headstrong, independent and peculiar person. However, my personal Wonderland holds not just my own thoughts but often the voices of others who have guided me along my own path. Each person filling the roles of the caterpillar, Cheshire cat, March Hare, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, White Queen, etc. All of them have a lesson to give me and guidance to share.
            Yet, just like Alice, I often forget about this little place and forget sometimes in my hardest moments to step back through and listen to my old friends. I think it’s about time I went back and perhaps fixed the problems that my own Wonderland may be currently experiencing. Honestly, I’ve already started on it. Let’s just say I’ve let the Queen of Hearts have too much control. It’s time to set things right and just like Alice in this newest movie I can use the lessons of the past help me shape my future.
            So, don’t worry too much about me. I’ll be back from Wonderland very soon and perhaps heading to my own real version of Wonderland in real life. I’m referring to my upcoming transfer (after graduating) to BYU Idaho. This Wonderland will be full of new twists and turns that I’m very excited to see.
See you next week!

~ChildofCourage~  

No comments:

Post a Comment