Saturday, July 9, 2016

The March of Time

I can’t believe how fast time is moving. It seems like it was just yesterday when I first got to Salt Lake and started in my college program here. Now, I’m graduating from my program and have started my internship. I’ve currently gotten Sixty-three hours and 70 minutes under my belt. Hopefully that will be finished by the end of this semester.
This is how it feels right now with my graduation looming over me
It’s feels like time is moving at a blinding speed now that the end of my time here is approaching. At the beginning of this final semester I felt like time wasn’t moving fast enough. Now I’m constantly looking for a break to slow time down. It feels like I’m in a speeding car heading on a straight course for my next destination.
In a way I’m happy for that but at the same time I wish things were taking a much slower pace. It’s definitely bittersweet leaving this place behind me in five weeks. There are people and places I’m going to miss. Yet, I’m ready to start something new. I can’t wait to see what Rexburg has in store for me.
The prospect of seeing new sights, meeting new people, and finding more exciting places to frequent does often have my imagination running wild. I look forward just as much to the major that I will be doing. Biology with a Zoology emphasis is going to be a fun challenge. My mind is ready for it. I know that I can do it and my dream is to one day earn a doctorate in that field. Wither it be Zoology or Marine Biology is a hard choice for me. Either one has its merits and gives me different career paths to choose from.
However, that’s a ways down the road from here. I’m just getting started and I know it’s a long road but as long as it one day leads me to my goal destinations to live I’ll be happy. I refuse to let my dreams be dreams. I will follow this path until I reach the end. I know it certainly will be an adventure and hopefully my chosen career will be just as adventurous as I hope.
See you all in the next post!

~ChildofCourage~

No comments:

Post a Comment